Transfervans was a technology startup operating a hybrid business model offering last-mile deliveries for over-sized deliveries from furniture stores and consumer booked point-to-point transportation of over-sized items around Auckland.
The business developed a bespoke technology platform that utilized the shared-economy model to improve the end-user delivery experience.
Task and responsibilities were broad and included business analysis and operational planning, transformingthe start-up into a long-term viable commercial operation, together with UX Design and a reimagining of the customer-led delivery market for oversized items.
Developments and Successes:
- New Zealand’s first real-time delivery tracking with SMS text message notifications
- Successful expansion and pivot from point-to-point consumer bookings to B2C customer-centric deliveries
- Net Promoter Score tracking for each unique delivery, presented within business platform to clients and utilised by the operations team to priortise drivers
- Creation of consumer-centric oversized delivery market minimising operational cost and maximising customer satisfaction
- Creation of courier-style framework for oversized deliveries using routing and delivery efficiencies to offer bulky deliveries to home from just $21+GST
- Consumer driver and delivery process ratings provided to delivery teams to signal areas for improvement
- The business was purchased by Toll New Zealand in December 2000, and Transfervans began the process of integrating the business model into their wider business